Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Voice


All my life, I have said, "I cannot discern the Voice of God. God, please speak to me and help me to know it's you." Lately I've realized that I do know God's voice. I recognize what It sounds like, and I know what He's saying. It's just that most of the time, I am too afraid of what He is asking me to do.

I am letting go of my fear; fear that cripples and makes me lame. I am laying the confusion down. If there is one element I'm experiencing, it is that our God is not a God of chaos. (A point spoken by my mother time and time again.) He gives wisdom and discernment to those who seek these things. Today, this is impressed on my spirit:

Seek.
And keep seeking until you find.
Listen.
With an abandoned heart.
Follow.
No matter how scary or how high the resistance may seem against you.
Trust.
Always.
Trust.

Deuteronomy 30:20
"and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

No comments:

Post a Comment