Saturday, February 20, 2010

Morning










I love morning. There is just something about waking up to a brand new day. I especially love being the first one awake. In the stillness of the house, while the rest of the world is sleeping, I am ushered into God's chamber. I thank Him for a restful night of sweet dreams and for His continued protection. I thank Him for blessings so abundantly flowing into my life that I am entirely undeserving of receiving. I breathe my friends' and family's names in prayer, and pray a special blessing over them. I thank my Heavenly Father for His amazing love and grace that He offers anew every single day. I must remember to merely ask. Therefore, I humbly ask that He continue to walk this journey with me. "Please give me Your grace today," {some days I must request a little extra (grin)} "and fill me with Your love so that in my presence Your love abounds, everywhere I may go, whomever I may encounter."

I was not always enamored by morning. Don't get me wrong- I love my sleep! And honestly, in the midst of a busy week and waking up extremely early for work, this peaceful rising does not usually occur. However, a noticeable difference extends throughout my day when I begin the day with my Maker. Rising early each day to spend time with the One who makes each day is something I am striving for.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

Attached are snapshots of my favorite morning visions: My kitchen ablaze with the morning light. Coffee (a "must-have") alongside toast and jelly. And my Word- my true bread for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment